Hi all salty dogs!
Nice to meet you!
Let me introduce myself. My name is Igor Shkvorets.
I received my master degree in Oceanography in 1981 from Odessa Hydrometeorological Institute (USSR-Ukraine).
For 20 years I worked in the Marine Hydrophysical Institute of Academy of Science of Ukraine. I conducted development of the standards and methods for the oceanographic measurements and took part in numerous oceanographic expeditions, providing on-ship samples salinity measurements (salinometry) and calibration of CTD-systems.
In 1996 I completed the training courses in the laboratory measurement of salinity in OSIL in Petersfield, UK.
In 2001 I moved to Canada and worked for 6 months for Guildline Ltd., providing manufacturing calibration of the Autosal and Portasal salinometers. Since 2002 I have been working for RBR Ltd. as an Oceanographer. My latest development is the Micro-Salinometer MS-310. I also work on the inductive conductivity cells development and conductivity calibration process improvements, seagoing trails and quality control of the RBR instruments’ oceanographic data. Also I an expert in the CTD measurements, dissolved oxygen, pH, turbidity and other physical-chemical parameters measurements.
My interests are in sailing, travel and photography.
- “Thermohaline structure of abyssal and near-bottom waters of the Black Sea”, Physical Oceanography, 1996, Vol.7, p.437-443;
- “Metrological support of salinity, temperature and pressure measurements, using CTD-systems”, Physical Oceanography, 1998, Vol.9, p.71-77;
- “Thermohaline structure and currents in the Southern part of the Scotia Sea on the march-april 1998”, Bulletin of Ukrainian Antarctic Centre, Iss. 3, 2000, p.78-86 ;
- “Metrological maintenance of CTD-measurements in 61 cruise R/V ”Ernst Krenkel”, Bulletin of Ukrainian Antarctic Centre, Iss. 3, 2000, p.119-124;
- “The structure and dynamics of the water in the region of the Argentina Island Archipelago at the beginning of the autumn season”, Abstracts of 1 UAM 2001 Meeting, Kiev, 2001;
- “The metrological confirmation system of oceanographical measurement in Antarctica”, Abstracts of 1 UAM 2001 Meeting, Kiev, 2001.
- “Salinometry: take it easy with MS-310″ Proceedings of COT’03, International conference on Coastal and Ocean Technology, pp.1-6;
- “Development of a small salinometer”, OCEANS ’04. MTTS/IEEE TECHNO-OCEAN ’04, 2004
- “A new design for a zero external field inductive conductivity cell” International Ocean Systems, Volume 10, Number 2, 2006, pp.11-14
- “Ocean Performance of the New MS-310″ Sea Technology, 10, 2006,pp.15-19
- “A New Method of Salinometry” Eos Trans. AGU, 90(52), Fall Meet. 2009
- “Advantages in performance of the new RBR conductivity channel with Delrin/ceramic inductive cell“Oceans’10, Seatle,WA, 2010
- “Hypoxia and turnover in a small ice-covered temperate lake”, 21st IAHR International Symposium on Ice, 2012
MY OCEANOGRAPHIC EXPEDITIONS:
- Nov 2013 R/V “Atlantic Explorer”, Atlantic Ocean, Sargasso Sea, BATS. My responsibilities: RBR instruments testing, APEX-RBR float deployment.
- Jun 2013 R/V “Thomas G. Thompson”, Pacific Ocean, NEPTUNE Canada. My responsibilities: RBR instruments testing, salinity sampling, MS-315 salinometry.
- Sept 2012 R/V “Francisco de Ulloa”, Gulf of California, U of Guadalajara Internal Waves Experiment. My responsibilities: RBR instruments testing, salinity sampling, Micro-salinometer MS-315 salinometry.
- May 2009 CCGS “Hudson” Orphan Basin/Knoll Cruise (North Atlantic). My responsibilities: Salinity sampling, Micro-salinometer MS-310 salinometry, RBR CTDs testing.
- Mar 2007 EAWAG-RBR Expedition on the Lake Baikal, Russia. Participance in recovering and deployment of the mooring buoyes with RBR temperature loggers.
- Aug-Oct 2006 R/V “Strait Signet” Manitoba Hydro Expedition on Hudson Bay, Canada. My responsibilities: CTD-profiling, salinity, turbidity on-field QC, mooring buoyes deployment and recovering.
- Aug-Sept 2005 HMRS “Discovery” Cruise 298 Cape Farewell – Eric Ridge. My responsibilities: Salinity sampling, Salinometry with Autosal 8400B, Seagoing testing of the Micro-salinometer MS-310
- Nov 2004 SSV “Corwith Cramer” Gulf of Maine. My responsibilities: CTD-probe check, first at-sea Micro-Salinometer MS-310 testing.
- Jan-May 1998 R/V” Ernst Krenkel” Cruise 61 – 2-nd Ukrainian Antarctic Expedition. My responsibilities: CTD-operating, Salinity sampling, Salinometry with salinometer SOKOL.
- Jul-Aug 1992 R/V “Prof. Kolesnikov” – COMSBACK-92 cruise. My responsibilities: CTD operating, Salinity sampling, Salinometry with salinometer SOKOL.
- Sept 1991 R/V ‘Prof.Kolesnikov” – HYDROBLACK-91 cruise. My responsibilities: CTD operating, Salinity sampling, Salinometry with salinometry with salinometer GM-65.
- Oct 1987-Feb 1988 R/V “Mikhail Lomonosov” 49 cruise in the Atlantic Ocean. My responsibilities: CTD operating and calibration, Salinity sampling, Salinometry with salinometer GM-65.
- Feb-May 1986 R/V ”Mikhail Lomonosov” 46 cruise in the Atlantic Ocean. My responsibilities: CTD operating and calibration, Salinity sampling, Salinometry with salinometer GM-65.