1. M.Maury “On the Saltness of the Sea” (1855)
download pdf 1Mb
2. Report on the Scientific Results of the Voyage of the H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-1876. Physics and Chemistry. (1884)
I. W.Dittmar: Report on Researches into the Composition of Ocean-Water, collected by H.M.S.Challenger, during the years 1873-1876.
II. J.Y.Buchanan:Report on the Specific Gravity of Samples of Ocean-Water, observed on board H.M.S.Challenger, during the years 1873-1876.
III.Report on the Deep-Sea Temperature Observations of Ocean-Water, taken by the Officers of the Expedition, during the years 1873-1876.
download pdf 85Mb
3. J.Y.Buchanan “Comptes Rendus of Observation and Reasoning (1917)
download pdf 35Mb
4. W.A.Herdman ” Founders of Oceanography and their work” (1923)
download pdf 4Mb
7. UNESCO technical papers in marine science #37
“Background papers and supporting data on the Practical Salinity Scale 1978″
8. UNESCO technical papers in marine science #62
“Salinity and density of seawater: Tables for high salinities (42 to 50)
9.P.Weyl “On the change in Electrical Conductance of Seawater with Temperature” (1964)
10. K.Park, W.V.Burt “Electrolytic Conductance of Sea Water and the Salinometer (1965)
11.M.C.Stalcup “Salinity Measurements” (1991)
download pdf 0.2Mb
12.I.Shkvorets, F.Johnson “The Performance of the New Micro-Salinometer MS-310″(2007)
13. I.Shkvorets, F.Johnson, I.Yashayaev ”A New Method of Salinometry”(2009)